National Cannabis Industry Association
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
NCIA’s 8th Annual Cannabis Business Summit & Expo Speaker Application
Now Accepting Speaking Applications Until February 25, 2022!
We are currently accepting speaker applications for NCIA's upcoming 8th Annual Cannabis Business Summit & Expo taking place July 20-22, 2022 in San Francisco, CA at the Moscone Center.
Looking for guidance on what type of content we’re looking for and how your proposal will be evaluated? Please read this Submission Guide to help answer any questions you may have.
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com.
- Submission Process: Interested speakers can submit their proposals through February 25, 2022. All proposals must be submitted using the online portal. Speakers selections will be announced beginning in late March. Selected speakers will receive a confirmation email outlining role, responsibilities, and requirements for participating.
- Fostering Collaboration and Diversity: Proposals that are collaborative, include diverse voices and perspectives, specifically including women and BIPOC representatives, and provide an interactive learning experience will be given preference. We strive to limit a speaker's involvement to one engagement to ensure diversity of thought. With very rare exceptions, speakers will be limited to participating in one session only.
- Fresh Perspectives: NCIA conferences have become a destination for premier educational content across the industry and we work to ensure quality content is presented to our members. Sessions developed exclusively for and premiered at the show will be given preference during the review process. Please do not submit a proposal for a session that you have already presented at another trade event (even a previous NCIA event) unless the information has been refreshed or reworked. You may only submit up to two (2) proposals per company.
- Membership Requirement: Speaker proposals from individuals operating a business in the cannabis industry must be members of NCIA and remain current through the event. Exceptions to the members-only rule may be given to academics, elected and appointed public service officials, members of the press, and other individuals as selected under the sole discretion of NCIA. Find out more about NCIA’s membership or join online today at https://thecannabisindustry.org/join-now/.
- References: All first-time applicants to NCIA must include THREE professional references; this can be from a client, colleague, or an event organizer from a previous event.
- Review Process: Once you have completed this form, your submission will be reviewed and evaluated by a conference agenda creation committee including representatives from NCIA’s member-led committees, select subject matter experts, and NCIA association and conference staff. Full evaluation criteria can be found within the Submission Guide. The review committee may make recommendations to combine submitted proposals received from different individuals, or make suggestions for additional speakers.
- No Self or Product Promotion: Speaker(s) agree to not promote, market or advertise any business during their session. Feedback on this matter will be solicited during individual session evaluations and any speakers found to have violated this clause will be ineligible for future speaking opportunities. The program is for educational purposes only and any sessions must be free of commercial intent to be accepted.
- Speaker Compensation: Speakers and one guest will receive complimentary admission to the event. Please note that NCIA does not provide a speaking fee or compensate for travel or accommodations. Exceptions are given to academic, certain public service officials, and individuals as selected under the sole discretion of NCIA.